Motorola Solutions Expands Enterprise AndroidTM Portfolio
Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced three enterprise mobile computers running the most popular version of the Android operating system (OS) supported by new Extensions (Mx) by Motorola Solutions security features and the fourth generation of RhoMobile Suite’s cross-platform development framework. This new set of technologies and development tools will help businesses adapt, enhance, integrate and secure the Android OS for enterprise customers.
Motorola Mobile Computers with Android Jelly Bean OS
- Motorola is expanding the industry’s largest portfolio of purpose-built, Android-based devices with the introduction of the ET1, MC40 and MC67 enterprise mobile computers running the Jelly Bean version of the Android OS and fortified with Mx enhancements.
- The Jelly Bean version of the Android OS provides new features important to enterprises including security enhancements, better graphics support and improved logging and support capabilities.
- Motorola mobile computers with the Android OS can run Android applications that have been developed natively or with alternative frameworks such as RhoMobile Suite.
- Motorola provides a full software development kit (SDK) that allows developers to easily develop and integrate enterprise data capture features on Motorola’s Android-based mobile computers.
Extensions (Mx) by Motorola Solutions
- Mx is a suite of security, device management and performance extensions that have been added to the standard Android OS to make it ready for the enterprise.
- With Mx, IT administrators can strictly enforce which business applications are allowed to run on a device, and mobile device management (MDM) vendors can provide real-time remote management control.
- Mx infuses Motorola Android-based mobile computers with enterprise-class data capture features as well as fast and intelligent pre-emptive roaming and edge awareness to provide mobile workers with a superior wireless experience.
- Mx is written on the commercial Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and will not compromise Android functions nor create application compatibility issues.
- RhoMobile Suite 4.0 is the next generation of powerful cross-platform development tools that help businesses mobilize their workers, no matter what OS, device and technology is in their hands.
- Developers can write, integrate, host and manage applications that work across platforms -- including new support for iOS7 and Windows Phone 8 -- on both consumer and enterprise devices.
- Enterprises, PartnerEmpower channel partners and other independent software vendors (ISVs) can reduce costs and improve time-to-market with their applications by using RhoMobile Suite 4.0 to write an application once and run it across multiple legacy and future OS platforms and devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV