- Faster backups. Tighter integration between NetVault and the DR4100 via RDA results in significantly faster backup rates. ESG Lab testing with multiple simultaneous streams validated a 7.5TB per hour ingest rate using this solution 2 .
- Source-side deduplication. By way of the DR4100 advanced deduplication and compression technology, NetVault customers can now deduplicate data directly at the source of the backup. This source-side approach minimizes backup traffic over the network, while test results show the use of deduplication can reduce the overall storage footprint by up to 91 percent 2.
- Optimized replication for efficient disaster recovery. Customers can now schedule and manage replication of deduplicated data from one DR4100 appliance to another, directly from the NetVault Backup console, enabling a variety of disaster recovery and remote-office backup scenarios. NetVault is automatically made aware of the completion and location of replicated data copies, enabling fast restores and reliable disaster recovery.
- Consolidated tape storage. As data volumes grow and businesses become more distributed across remote sites, decentralized tape libraries have become increasingly expensive to maintain and time-consuming to manage. NetVault Backup customers can now ease that burden by replicating backup data from multiple DR4100 appliances to a single target, and then archiving that consolidated data to tape.
Dell Software Speeds Backup And Recovery With Tighter Integration Between NetVault And DR4100 Appliance
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts