NEW YORK, Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ANN INC. (NYSE: ANN), the parent Company of Ann Taylor and LOFT, today reaffirms its dedicated support of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) through its annual Breast Cancer Awareness campaign and new in-store and online promotions. Since 2005, the Company has donated $14 million to BCRF. Last year alone the company donated a record breaking $4 million which will fully fund sixteen pioneering BCRF research grants this year in the United States and Canada.
"Breast cancer touches the lives of so many, and as a Company that inspires and connects with women to put their best selves forward – including the tens of thousands of women we work with around the world – we are proud to support vital breast cancer research through our dedicated efforts with The Breast Cancer Research Foundation," said Kay Krill, President and CEO of ANN INC. "Our breast cancer awareness campaign will allow us to collectively make a profound impact and positive difference for all women and families impacted by this disease."
In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, ANN INC. is proud to support BCRF with the sale of Ann Taylor Cares and LOFT Cares Cards. Through this unique program, the Company has fully funded sixteen leading-edge research projects for the 2013-2014 grant period. Led by distinguished investigators from prominent institutions across the country, the project topics span from the use of novel drugs targeting white blood cells to develop new breast cancer therapies to the identification of ways to thwart the growth of breast tumors – and many others. ANN INC. has funded BCRF research projects for 8 years and is proud to expand its support to sixteen grantees this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV