- Lightweight material design: the development of a range of AA6xxx alloys with properties that exceed the present industry benchmark in terms of strength, formability and corrosion resistance. We believe that the new alloys, together with advanced die design that reduce and optimize wall thickness and integrate extruded sections with cast and pressed sheet components, will provide design solutions that will increase weight saving and vehicle productivity.
- Sustainability/Recycling: to explore the increased use of process scrap and end-of-life scrap in alloy formation in order to minimize the use of primary metal, all without a significant degradation in properties.
- Joining, pre-treatment and vehicle integration: to optimize the functionality of extruded sections for vehicle integration, including in-line surface pre-treatment and in-line fabrication, cutting, punching and bending.
Constellium Joins Forces With Brunel University And Jaguar Land Rover In Automotive Light Metals Research
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.