Don't 'Hit the Wall' in Your Long Career Run
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Some career experts equate managing your career with running a marathon.
Like a long-distance runner, career professionals need to train, build endurance and take a long-term view of their working years.
Also like a marathon, there's a danger of "hitting a wall" with your career. Long-distance runners call that "bonking" and dread the so-called middle miles of a race, when the chances of hitting that wall are highly likely.
Dan Steenerson, a self-described professional achievement expert, has some good, sound advice for career professionals who may be feeling bonked themselves these days.He says that succeeding in business and in your career is very much like running a marathon. Sure, you know what you want and are anxious to meet your professional goals. But between the start and finish of that race you'll face a great deal of adversity, and how you handle that adversity will directly affect when or even if you'll finish that race, Steenerson says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV