Ceco Environment (CECE) provides an array of solutions for industrial ventilation and air quality problems through dust, mist and fume control systems and particle and chemical technologies to industrial and commercial customers. This stock closed up 6.8% to $14.08 in Monday's trading session.
Monday's Volume: 297,000
Three-Month Average Volume: 107,248
Volume % Change: 165%
From a technical perspective, CECE skyrocketed higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $13.03 with strong upside volume. This move pushed shares of CECE into breakout territory, since it took out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $13.45 to $13.73. Shares of CECE are now moving within range of triggering another big breakout trade. That trade will hit if CECE manages to clear some key resistance levels at $14.21 to its 52-week high at $14.32 with high volume.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CECE as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $13.03 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 107,248 shares. If we get that breakout soon, then CECE will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that move are $17 to $20. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Delafield, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV