HOUSTON, Sept. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nabors Industries Ltd. (NYSE: NBR) announced today that Bristol Bay Native Corporation (BBNC) has signed a definitive agreement with Nabors Alaska Services Corp. to acquire a 100 percent ownership interest in Peak Oilfield Service Company LLC (Peak). The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close during the fourth quarter of 2013.
Due to its unique and diverse capabilities, Peak is a leading Alaska energy support services company serving customers located primarily within the Alaska North Slope, Cook Inlet, Valdez and North Dakota regions.
"For the past 25 years, Peak has provided safe and cost-effective construction, maintenance, industrial cleaning, power generation and transportation services to energy companies in Alaska and the northern United States. As a result of its excellent reputation with customers, Peak has strong potential growth opportunities as market conditions continue to improve and the industry benefits from recent tax legislation changes in Alaska," said Nabors Chairman, President and CEO Tony Petrello."We believe transferring ownership to BBNC, a very successful and diversified Alaska Native Corporation, will further strengthen Peak's long-term growth and future success."
Petrello added, "This divestiture is consistent with our objectives to streamline our businesses and extract value from core operations while enhancing our financial flexibility. Proceeds from this transaction and other third quarter asset sales will more than cover the approximate $207 million premium paid to refinance $785 million of higher-cost debt through our recent tender offer which reduced annual interest expense by over $40 million."Simmons & Company International is acting as financial advisor to Nabors in the sale of Peak to BBNC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV