A joint venture led by Oxford Properties, Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE:VNO), Crown Acquisitions and Highgate Holdings, together with institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management, has acquired 650 Madison Avenue, a 27-story, 594,000 square foot Class A office tower located on the full western blockfront of Madison Avenue between 59th and 60th Street. The property contains 523,000 square feet of office space and 71,000 square feet of retail space. The office space is the world headquarters for Polo Ralph Lauren, which occupies 274,000 square feet. The retail space is primarily leased to Crate & Barrel for its flagship Manhattan store (61,400 square feet) and to Tod’s, a shoe and leather goods specialty store (7,900 square feet).
The purchase price for the property is $1.295 billion which is being financed with a new $800 million seven-year 4.39% interest-only loan.
Vornado and Oxford will co-manage and co-lease the office space at the property. Vornado and Crown will co-manage and co-lease the retail space at the property.
Certain statements contained herein may constitute “forward-looking
statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation
Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and
unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the
actual results, performance or achievements of Vornado to be materially
different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed
or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include,
among others, risks associated with the timing of and costs associated
with property improvements, financing commitments and general
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV