LOS ANGELES, Sept. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On Sunday, November 10 th, 2013, Alan Alda and Joe Mantegna will host HOMEWARD BOUND, ( HomewardBoundTelethon.org ) a live four-hour national telethon to support American veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Presented by Haven from the Storm and broadcast by the Military Channel (Discovery Communications) the telethon will be broadcast from the historic American Legion Hall #43 in Hollywood from 7:00-11:00 PM (ET), with phone banks manned by veterans, celebrities, and dignitaries. Multiple Emmy-winner Gary Smith is executive producer, Lee Miller is producer and Gail Purse is co-producer/talent executive.
The broadcast will feature celebrities, music and comedy entertainment, telethon results, profiles of various charities, and a great number of veterans telling personal stories behind their dramatic armed forces experiences abroad which led them to come home with PTSD and TBI.
Haven From the Storm founder Leonard Wilf commented, "It's important to recognize the valiant contributions made by brave American soldiers, veterans who protect our country, and return home with PTSD and TBI. This cause is in my heart and I suspect that's true for many Americans who care."
PEOPLE is teaming up with HOMEWARD BOUND because of the magazine's commitment to providing assistance to men and women who served in the military. A portion of the night's proceeds will go to one of PEOPLE's charities, Operation Finally Home, which has built more than 30 custom-designed mortgage free homes for wounded and disabled veterans and the widows of the fall in an effort to get their lives back on track to become productive members of their communities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV