TAIPEI, Taiwan, Sept. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corporation Limited (Nasdaq:APWC) ("APWC" or the "Company"), a leading manufacturer of wire and cable products for the telecommunications and electric-power industries in the Asia-Pacific region, today announced that the Company will host its 2013 annual general meeting (AGM) for shareholders at its headquarters located at Room B, 7th Fl., No. 132, Min-Sheng East Road Section 3, Taipei, Taiwan on November 15, 2013.
- To approve the written record of the last Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of the Company held on October 5, 2012;
- To approve the total number of directorships on the Board;
- To elect the directors of the Company;
- To approve the compensation of the directors of the Company;
- To approve the appointment of Ernst & Young as the independent auditor of the Company for the 2013 fiscal year;
- To consider such other matters as may be appropriately brought before the Shareholders;
- To report on the Company's performance in 2012 and financial results for the first six months of 2013;