Birks & Mayors Announces A Corporate Name Change
MONTREAL, Sept. 30, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Birks & Mayors Inc. (the "Company" or "Birks & Mayors") (NYSE MKT:BMJ), announced that effective October 1, 2013, its corporate name will be changed to Birks Group Inc. and its ticker symbol will be changed to BGI.
Mr. Jean-Christophe Bédos, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "The change in the corporate name to Birks Group Inc. better represents our corporate structure as the companies forming part of the Birks Group carry on business under the retail brands of "Maison Birks" across Canada, "Mayors" in the States of Florida and Georgia, and "Brinkhaus" in Vancouver, British Columbia and Calgary, Alberta. Signage reflecting this new trade name will be changed at our current retail stores over time while signage at our new stores already reflects this change."
About Birks & Mayors Inc.
Birks & Mayors Inc. is a leading operator of luxury jewelry stores in the United States and Canada. As of September 30, 2013, the Company operated 30 stores under the Maison Birks brand in most major metropolitan markets in Canada (signage reflecting this new trade name will be changed at our current retail stores over time while signage at our new stores already reflects this change), 20 stores in the Southeastern U.S. under the Mayors brand, one store under the Rolex brand name and two stores in Calgary and Vancouver under the Brinkhaus brand. Maison Birks was founded in 1879 and developed over the years into Canada's premier retailer, designer and manufacturer of fine jewelry, timepieces, sterling and plated silverware and gifts. Mayors was founded in 1910 and has maintained the intimacy of a family-owned boutique while becoming renowned for its fine jewelry, timepieces, giftware and service. Additional information can be found on Birks & Mayors Inc. web site, www.birksandmayors.com.SOURCE BIRKS & MAYORS INC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV