Sales in September are expected to total around 1.1 million, according to Edmunds.com, down 4% from a year earlier and 24% below sales in August, which was the best month in more than six years.
9. -- Walgreen (WAG) is expected by analysts on Tuesday to post fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of 72 cents a share on revenue of $17.95 billion.
10. -- The Tampa Bay Rays are going to the playoffs again, getting there with a victory in their final regular-season game for the second time in three years. David Price threw his fourth complete game of the season and the visiting Rays beat the Texas Rangers 5-2 in the A.L. wild-card tiebreaker game Monday night, the 163rd game for both teams.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV