TUCSON, Ariz., Sept. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy awarded Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) a $243,478,659 contract for procurement of 89 Standard Missile-6 Block I all up rounds, spares, containers and services. The contract was awarded in Raytheon's third quarter.
About the Standard Missile-6 The SM-6 provides U.S. Navy sailors and their vessels extended range protection against fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles and cruise missiles as part of the Naval Integrated Fire Control-Counter Air (NIFC-CA) mission area.
SM-6 delivers a proven over-the-horizon air defense capability by combining the Standard Missile's airframe and propulsion with the Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile's signal processing and guidance control capabilities.
About Raytheon Raytheon Company, with 2012 sales of $24 billion and 68,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.Media Contacts Heather Uberuaga +1.520.891.8421 email@example.com SOURCE Raytheon Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV