PECO was recognized among the top 3 for utility advertising at the 26 th Annual E Source Forum in Denver, CO earlier this month. The company achieved third place in the “Best Overall Campaign” category for its PECO Smart Ideas advertising campaign, which provides customers with information on how to save energy and money and promotes the company’s energy efficiency programs and rebates.
Since launching in October 2009, PECO Smart Ideas has helped customers save more than $268 million in energy savings and rebates, and reduced customer electric usage by more than 1.2 billion kilowatt hours. This energy savings has the same environmental impact as removing 120,595 cars from the road or planting 1,384,610 trees.
“PECO Smart Ideas continues to be a successful tool to help our customers save energy and money,” said Elizabeth Murphy, PECO vice president of Governmental and External Affairs. “We are thrilled that E Source recognized our advertising as among the best in the industry, and we will work hard to continue to develop new campaigns to help our customers achieve the next level of energy efficiency and savings.”
Overall, more than a half million PECO customers have participated in PECO Smart Ideas energy efficiency and demand response programs. Specifically customers have:
- Purchased more than 7.6 million PECO Smart Lighting discounted CFL and LED bulbs
- Recycled more than 30,991 energy guzzling refrigerators/freezers/AC window units with PECO Smart Appliance Recycling
- Completed more than 79,000 free energy saving PECO Smart Home e-Audits
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts