NORWALK, Conn., Sept. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If you are looking for the most physician-friendly state in the nation, look no further than Mississippi, according to the Physicians Practice 2013 Best States to Practice project, a data-driven ranking of U.S. states according to the climate for practicing physicians.
In four of the six statistical categories used to compile the rankings for the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, the Magnolia State ranked in the top 10, the only state to do so. It ranked first in the nation for both low physician density and low tax burden and fourth overall for lowest medical malpractice payouts per capita. Mississippi also fared well in the other categories: cost of living, disciplinary actions against physicians, and Medicare payments to medical practices.
Rounding out this year's Best States to Practice top five were: Nevada, Alabama, Texas, and Tennessee.
In addition to details about why the top five states were deemed "best," the 10 th annual Best States to Practice project features:
- An infographic detailing the best and worst states in each statistical category.
- A "Find Your Best State to Practice Medicine" tool, where users can find their own ideal practice location based on their own preferences.
- Physician perspectives from 40 states and the District of Columbia — hear and read what doctors love and would change about the state where they practice.
- A clickable map of the U.S. to find data for each state.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV