What To Buy: Top 4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: ETR, RAI, SNH, ETE
Energy Transfer Equity (NYSE: ETE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.20%. Energy Transfer Equity, L.P., through its subsidiaries, provides diversified energy-related services in the United States. The company sells natural gas to electric utilities, independent power plants, local distribution companies, industrial end-users, and other marketing companies. The company has a P/E ratio of 59.70. The average volume for Energy Transfer Equity has been 1,038,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Energy Transfer Equity has a market cap of $17.6 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 37.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Energy Transfer Equity as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ETE's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 542.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ENERGY TRANSFER EQUITY LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ENERGY TRANSFER EQUITY LP increased its bottom line by earning $1.63 versus $1.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.77 versus $1.63).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 135.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $54.00 million to $127.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 130.95% to $797.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ENERGY TRANSFER EQUITY LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.78%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 144.44% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.53% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Energy Transfer Equity Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV