DALLAS, Sept. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first family of digital isolation devices to offer the highest isolation rating, at 2.5 kVrms, in a small, 5- by 6-mm QSOP package. The ISO71xx family is 50-percent smaller than traditional SOIC isolation devices and provides an isolation rating 2.5 times better than competitive devices in the same package. Reducing board space without compromising protection from lower isolation ratings or EFT surges is increasingly important in industrial automation applications, such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and sensors, and Fieldbus applications, such as DeviceNet, CAN and RS-485. The low-power ISO71xx family of isolation devices meets these demands by offering up to 2.5 times higher common-mode transient immunity and 30-percent better maximum working voltage, versus similar devices. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/iso7131-pr.
The family includes six triple and quad devices based on integrated silicon dioxide capacitors and provides both resistance to electromagnetic interference (EMI) and lower EMI radiance to provide increased reliability in harsh environments. To further enhance performance, the devices incorporate a glitch filter to smooth operation at lower frequencies. And with a power rating of approximately 1 mA per channel, the new isolation devices enable low power in these environments.
Key features and benefits of the ISO71xx devices
- 2.5 times higher galvanic isolation rating: Boast an impressive 2.5 kVrms isolation rating, compared to 1 kVrms offered by competitive devices in the same package. This results in higher-end performance in tight, space-constrained designs, such as PLCs and inverters.
- Smallest package: Offered in16-pin QSOP packages, measuring 5- by 6-mm (30mm 2), the devices reduce board space by up to 72 percent versus typical 16-pin SOIC packages.
- Up to 2.5 times higher transient immunity: With a typical common-mode transient immunity of +/-75 kV/us, these isolation devices provide better immunity in noisy industrial environments, compared to competitive devices that are rated at +/-25 kV/us or +/-50 kV/us.
- Flexibility with power supplies: Provide support for 2.7-, 3.3- and 5-V power supplies, giving designers maximum flexibility in power supply design.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV