CENTENNIAL, Colo., Sept. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cochlear Limited (ASX: COH), the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, announced today the commercial availability of the Nucleus® 6 Sound Processor in the United States.
Nucleus 6, the next generation cochlear implant sound processor for Cochlear, is built on a completely new microchip platform with five times the processing power of the market-leading Nucleus 5 System. It features synchronized microphones, advanced SmartSound® technology, the industry's first data logging capability, and with a future software upgrade*, it will provide access to wireless technology without the need for wires or additional neck-worn accessories."The US launch of the Nucleus 6 Sound Processor underscores our commitment to providing recipients with the opportunity to hear their best throughout their lifetime," said Chris Smith, President of Cochlear Americas. "With Nucleus 6, recipients will not only have access to the most powerful sound processor available, but the most reliable implant on the market today. Over the last 30 years, we have delivered the best in hearing technology and we will continue to do so as we introduce future upgrades to the system." With the introduction of Nucleus 6, recipients will benefit from a wide range of new design features that are easy to use and designed to fit each person's lifestyle. Two sound processor options will be available – one with direct audio input and one without – in addition to enhanced tactical controls, an improved coil profile, auto-on, wireless auto-FM and new LED indicators. Two wireless remote control options will also be available that can be paired to the same sound processor – one for those who prefer advanced monitoring and the other for those who would rather carry a small, discrete version with simple one-touch buttons.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV