BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Stocks corrected last week, the S&P 500 giving back just over a percentage point between Monday's open and Friday's close. But despite giving up the high ground, stocks still look strong as we head into October.
You don't have to be some sort of market sage to figure out what's going on in stocks right now -- a quick glance at a chart of the big indices will do. The S&P is still definitively making higher highs and higher lows right now. Until that changes, we're still in a "buy the dips market."
And one subset of stocks continues to outperform the rest. I'm talking about the "Rocket Stocks."For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 216 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 90.9%. >>5 Big Trades to Take Right Now Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV