NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The looming government shutdown possibilities are beginning to weigh on equity markets as TheStreet's Brittany Umar, David Peltier and Andrew Krill break down the week ahead.
Friday will likely be the biggest day of the week, because of the nonfarm payrolls report for the month of September, scheduled to be released at 8:30 a.m. EDT.Krill said that economists will be looking for 180,000 jobs and a 7.3% unemployment rate. Umar added that if results come in higher than expectations, it will once again raise questions over when the Federal Reserve will begin tapering. Peltier concluded that he's raised a lot of cash recently, in order to buy stocks on a potential dip from the current budget issues in Washington. Video.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV