Sept. 30, 2013
, America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, has been helping guests enjoy the fall season by offering one of the largest varieties of pumpkin food and beverages of any national restaurant chain, including pumpkin coffees, lattes, donuts, muffins and a new Pumpkin Pie Donut and new Frozen Pumpkin Coffee Coolatta
. To help people bring the passion for pumpkin into their own kitchens, Dunkin' Brands' Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation
, a three-time
Award nominee and co-author of
The Occidental Tourist,
today shared two new special, simple seasonal recipes, Pumpkin Munchkins Whoopie Pies and Pumpkin Donut Parfait.
Both recipes, featuring items from Dunkin' Donuts' autumn array of pumpkin products, offer fans fun, easy-to-prepare and delicious desserts to enjoy the favorite flavor of fall right at home. The recipes are as follows:
Preparation of cream cheese filling:
- 25 Dunkin' Donuts MUNCHKINS ® donut hole treats (pumpkin and chocolate)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 small Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin latte
- 3 cups chocolate chips
Preparation of Pumpkin Mocha dipping sauce:
- Beat butter and cream cheese together in an electric mixer.
- Sift powdered sugar and add into cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- Add vanilla, beat until incorporated.
- Cut Munchkins in half and spread filling in between the two halves.
Pumpkin Donut Parfait
- Combine hot latte with chocolate chips, stir until smooth.
- Microwave 30 seconds at a time stirring in between if more heat is needed.
- Serve alongside Munchkin whoopie pies.
- 6 Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin donuts, crumbled
- 1 package of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 medium Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin latte, chilled
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Pour pudding mix and latte into a large bowl and whisk for 2 minutes (until thickened) and set aside.
- Place whipping cream in a stand mixer with whip attachment and whip until soft peaks form, add powdered sugar and whip until combined. Set aside.
- In 6 serving glasses layer the crumbled donut, pudding and whipped cream in alternating order. Chill until ready to serve.
Available at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants nationwide for a limited time, Dunkin' Donuts' fall menu offers a full fall harvest of food and beverages, making it easy and affordable to enjoy the tastes and flavors of the season any time of day, at home or on the go. Dunkin' Donuts' pumpkin menu this year includes:
- NEW Pumpkin Pie Donut: Dunkin' Donuts' newest donut features a pumpkin pie-flavored, buttercreme-filled yeast shell, frosted with white dipping icing and sprinkled with graham cracker topping.
- NEW Frozen Pumpkin Coffee Coolatta: Dunkin' Donuts' Frozen Coffee Coolatta is now available in pumpkin flavor. The Frozen Pumpkin Coffee Coolatta combines the taste of pumpkin with the flavor of Dunkin' Donuts' famous coffee in a refreshing frozen treat, for a new and "cool" way to enjoy fall.
- Pumpkin Coffee and Lattes: Dunkin' Donuts celebrates the season by adding the taste of pumpkin to its world-famous coffee and lattes. Available hot or iced in three flavors— Pumpkin, Pumpkin Mocha, and Pumpkin White Chocolate—Dunkin' Donuts coffee and lattes are the perfect accompaniment for a brisk walk, football games, raking leaves or any favorite fall activity.
- Pumpkin K-Cup® packs: This variety of the brand's popular K-Cup® packs, for use with the Keurig® K-Cup® Brewing Systems, allows people to enjoy the taste of Dunkin' Donuts' Pumpkin Flavored Coffee in individually-sized portions at home. Exclusively sold at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants.
- Pumpkin Packaged Coffee: Available in a special 8 oz. size at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants and online at http://shop.dunkindonuts.com, pumpkin fans can also brew Dunkin' Donuts' Pumpkin Coffee at home this season.
- Pumpkin Donut and Munchkins: Guests can savor the season with the glazed pumpkin cake donut, which can also be enjoyed as a Munchkin donut hole treat.
- Pumpkin Muffin: Dunkin' Donuts' Pumpkin Muffin is a deliciously-spiced autumn delight topped with white icing and sweet streusel crumbs.
To learn more about Dunkin' Donuts, visit
or follow us on Facebook (
) and Twitter (
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by
for seven years running. The company has more than 10,500 restaurants in 31 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2012, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately
. Based in
, Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit
Dunkin' Brands 781-737-5200
SOURCE Dunkin' Donuts