BETHLEHEM, Pa., Sept. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:OSUR), makers of the OraQuick ® In-Home HIV Test, announced today the launch of its newly revamped targeted nationwide awareness campaign to encourage open and honest dialogue about sexual health and the importance of learning your HIV status.
The "Life. As we know it." campaign takes a bold new strategic approach to reaching consumers most at risk for HIV through the creation and sharing of relevant content designed to engage consumers in a discussion about topics related to love, sex, relationships and sexual health.
Initially, the campaign will reach out to two groups among those at highest risk for HIV – gay men and African American women. OraSure has teamed up with powerful and influential voices to reach consumers in these communities through testimonials, interactive panel discussions, sharable discussion guides and informative videos. The campaign will also use leading media properties to communicate with these communities, including LOGO TV and its online properties for the gay community – a network that reaches into over 52 million homes – and Essence, the top-rated media brand for African American women."HIV testing is a challenging subject to address head on with consumers. After a careful analysis of available channels to gain mindshare of our target markets, we've determined that the most effective way to approach the topic is through a broader conversation on relationships, dating and sex, and through the engagement of passionate, trusted community influencers to help us introduce product," said Kathleen Weber, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Products at OraSure Technologies. The campaign will also feature engagement in high profile consumer events, as well as targeted broadcast, outdoor, digital and print advertising through the first half of 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV