HUD programs viewed as necessary to protect life and property will continue. This includes HUD homeless assistance grants, supportive housing for veterans and housing for people with AIDS.
Separately, bailed out housing giants Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC) have said they will be unaffected by the shutdown and will continue to guarantee loans, according to a report from HousingWire.
While they may be in conservatorship, they are still private companies, they said.
-- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj New York.>Contact by Email. Follow @shavenk
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV