Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified PulteGroup (PHM) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified PulteGroup as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PHM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $173.3 million.
- PHM traded 10,450 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:16 AM.
- PHM is down 2.5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PHM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PHM NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on PHM: PulteGroup, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in homebuilding and financial services businesses primarily in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. PHM has a PE ratio of 22.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate PulteGroup a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.The average volume for PulteGroup has been 10.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. PulteGroup has a market cap of $6.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 2.13 and a short float of 6.9% with 2.20 days to cover. Shares are down 5.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PulteGroup as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 21.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.92, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- PULTEGROUP INC's earnings per share declined by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PULTEGROUP INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.53 versus -$0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.08 versus $0.53).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $64.45 million or 33.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 33.45%, PULTEGROUP INC is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -309.78%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income has decreased by 14.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $42.44 million to $36.42 million.
- You can view the full PulteGroup Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about PHM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV