ATLANTA, Sept. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cbeyond, Inc. (Nasdaq:CBEY), the technology ally for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), announced today its CEO, Jim Geiger, has received the 2013 Turknett Leadership Character Award in the "CEO/President/Managing Partner – Large Company" category. The Leadership Character Awards recognize individuals who demonstrate integrity; relate to customers, suppliers, co-workers and others with respect; and maintain a culture in which everyone takes responsibility for achieving results while upholding the organization's core values.
Fifty-two Atlanta leaders were nominated for the 10 th Annual Turknett Leadership Character Awards bestowed during the September 18, 2103 ceremony held at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. Awards were given in the following categories: Business (Large Company, Small/Medium Company), Executive/Manager, Education, Non-Profit, and Inspiritor, with a Lifetime Achievement Award given to Alana Shepherd, cofounder of the Shepherd Center.
"We are incredibly proud to be able to recognize Jim Geiger this year," said Lyn and Bob Turknett, co-founders of TLG. "Jim has always led from a place of character and has such a strong reputation in the community.""I am humbled and honored to be presented with the 2013 Turknett Leadership Character Award," said Jim Geiger, founder and CEO of Cbeyond. "This award is shared with all in the Cbeyond family who give their best every single day to exemplify the Character of Cbeyond and build a culture where integrity, respect and responsibility are welcome inside and outside of the workplace." Geiger is the driving force behind the core values of respect, service and teamwork that demonstrate Cbeyond's unique corporate culture. These values are reflected in the company's CALL Character Statement which has four core principles and is the promise employees make to each other, customers and communities:
- Care Relentlessly: Care about each other, our customers, our results and our communities.
- Act Graciously: Be good to each other and our customers.
- Lead Courageously: Do the right thing and do what it takes to make it right.
- Learn Continuously: Strive to grow personally and professionally.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV