Crest ® + Oral-B ® continues to recognize Registered Dental Hygienists (RDHs) who go above and beyond the call of duty with the third year of the Pros in the Profession ® awards program. These awards acknowledge the pivotal role hygienists play in their patients’ lives in addition to their unwavering personal commitment to promoting good oral health.
“We have seen extraordinary entries over the past several years, which is why we must continue to honor those hygienists whose passion shine through in their everyday work,” said John Scarchilli, Scientific Communications for P&G Oral Care. “These individuals dedicate countless hours to furthering the oral health cause, so we are pleased to be able to applaud them publicly.”
Throughout the year, Crest + Oral-B will reward four exceptional RDHs who consistently display dedication towards both their patients and their craft. Winners will receive:
- An all-expense paid trip to visit the Procter & Gamble German Innovation Center at Kronberg, Germany
- A $1,000 USD monetary prize
- A recognition plaque
- Recognition in dental periodicals and announcements on Crest + Oral-B for Dental Professionals Facebook page and Dentalcare.com.
From September 2013 until March 2014, nominations can be submitted via a nomination tab on the Crest + Oral-B for Dental Professionals Facebook page. For the first time in the program, hygienists may nominate themselves for this coveted honor. Nominations can also be submitted by dentists, fellow hygienists, dental assistants, professional colleagues and collegiate colleagues, conveying why their nominee is a Pro in the Profession. Additionally, Crest + Oral-B will be present at dental conventions throughout year where applications can be submitted on-site.In order to be considered for the program, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- RDHs with two years or more of clinical/professional experience after graduation from dental hygiene school.
- RDHs who participate in community service.
- RDHs with examples of work that goes above and beyond the call of duty.