International Shipholding Corporation (NYSE:ISH) announced today that it has completed the purchase of an integrated tug/barge unit, Coastal 202 and Florida Enterprise, from CIT and GE Capital. Coastal 202 and Florida Enterprise have been operating under a sale and leaseback arrangement and were part of ISH’s purchase of United Ocean Services.
Mr. Niels M. Johnsen, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Exercising our buy-out option on this integrated tug/barge unit further solidifies our commitment to maintaining our Company’s leadership position in the Jones Act dry bulk market. Across our fleet, we remain focused on providing value to our shareholders by identifying opportunities to operate in niche markets on medium to long-term contracts with quality counterparties.”
About International Shipholding Corporation
International Shipholding Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates a diversified fleet of U.S. and international flag vessels that provide worldwide and domestic maritime transportation services to commercial and governmental customers primarily under medium to long-term charters and contracts.For more information about the company, please visit www.intship.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV