O2, the commercial brand for Telefónica UK (NYSE: TEF) (LSE: TDE) ( http://o2.com/) , and NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR) ( www.netgear.com) have teamed up to launch the NETGEAR AirCard® 762S mobile hotspot as part of the O2 Mobile WiFi (Pop Up Office) offering for the new O2 4G network, the fastest growing 4G network in the UK ( www.o2.co.uk/4g). This is the first dedicated mobile hotspot device available for business customers on the O2 4G network and the first European launch for the AirCard 762S under the NETGEAR brand.
The NETGEAR AirCard 762S Mobile Hotspot on the O2's 4G Network (Photo: Business Wire)
O2’s Pop Up Office proposition allows small business to create their own portable 4G mobile hotspot instantly. The solution allows those with a variety of devices (laptops, tablets, smartphones) to hook up to a 4G connection when they’re out and about.
“The NETGEAR AirCard 762S is the first mobile hotspot we’re offering to our business customers, as it’s easy to set up and high performing,” said Paul Lawton, general manager of SMB at O2. “It makes up a crucial part of our ‘Pop Up Office’ proposition, as we believe that giving small businesses the opportunity to be connected at all times, particularly in non-fixed locations, will revolutionize the way some small businesses are able to work. They are no longer bound to the office, and can essentially pop up their business and be connected wherever they need to be.”
Next-generation office applications and services powered by 4G enable O2 business customers to be more collaborative, more efficient and more productive, as 4G networks provide faster data speeds (up to five times faster than 3G*) and a more seamless mobile experience. O2 switched on its 4G network in London, Leeds and Bradford on August 29th, with a rollout plan to have 4G available in a total of 13 cities by the end of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV