SEATTLE, Sept. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) and Delta Air Lines celebrated the delivery of the carrier's first Next-Generation 737-900ER (Extended Range). The delivery is part of Delta's 100-airplane order placed in 2011 to renew its single-aisle fleet with more fuel-efficient airplanes.
"We have been looking forward to celebrating this delivery with Delta and are proud to see the Next-Generation 737-900ER join its fleet," said John Wojick, senior vice president of Global Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "The 737-900ER is a great fit for Delta's fleet. It provides best-in-class efficiency, economics, reliability and passenger comfort that Delta needs for its fleet renewal initiative."
The Boeing 737-900ER is the newest member of the Next-Generation 737 airplane family. It has the highest capacity and lowest seat-mile cost of Boeing's single-aisle family. The 737-900ER will fit seamlessly into Delta's existing fleet of 737-700 and 737-800 airplanes, allowing Delta to efficiently match capacity to market demand with industry leading economics.
Delta's new 737-900ER seats 180 passengers and features the new Boeing Sky Interior. This interior is the latest in a series of enhancements for both airlines and passengers. It introduces new LED lighting and curved architecture that welcomes passengers onboard and creates a greater sense of spaciousness and comfort in the cabin. The interior also features modern, sculpted sidewalls and overhead bins that disappear into the ceiling, yet carry more bags.Contact: Tim Bader North America/Leasing CommunicationsBoeing Commercial Airplanes+1 425-717-0672 email@example.com More information: http://www.newairplane.com/737ng/design_highlights/#/home Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV