Great American Country today unveiled a new brand identity that reflects the television network’s continuing evolution as an all-American lifestyle viewing destination.
Part of the Scripps Networks family of lifestyle channels, Great American Country celebrates the best of America, reflecting the passions of its viewers with innovative programming about music, family, home, food and travel. Other Scripps Networks channels include HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel and Travel Channel.
“The reimagined Great American Country marks a natural evolution for what was previously known as GAC,” said Burton Jablin, president of Scripps Networks. “We’ve long had a vision for this network to be an all-American lifestyle destination. Think of it as a love letter to America, with heart and soul. It represents how we as Americans live and celebrate.”
“This is a significant moment in the evolution of Great American Country,” said Sarah Trahern, senior vice president and general manager of the network. “Our roots are in country music, and some of those ever-present themes woven throughout the genre – senses of patriotism, pride in our homes, our families and nation – in many ways embody our network’s spirit and will help guide our programming strategies going forward.”As part of the brand evolution, the use of the former acronym is traded in favor of the full title – Great American Country. Also, a new, bold red logo inspired by the American flag is introduced. “It’s important for us to lead by clearly stating who we are and defining our position in the media landscape,” said Jennifer Leitman, senior vice president, marketing and creative services for the network. “We’re celebrating America and want to wave that flag, which we’re actually doing through the playful, modern use of our new flag logo.” For the new brand design, Great American Country tapped Los Angeles-based Big Block Design Group.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV