NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Treaty Energy Corporation (OTCQB: TECO) ( http://www.treatyenergy.com), a growth-oriented international energy company, today announced that the Company has commenced full drilling operations on the Stockton Lease in Tuscola, Texas.
On September 27, 2013, at around 6:10pm CDT, the drilling rig spudded in on the Stockton #2 well. The Company is employing a local drilling contractor to perform the operation. The Stockton #2 well will be drilled to the Gardner Limestone pay-zone located at an approximate depth of 4800ft. The well is considered an off-set well to the Company's successful Mitchell #4 well.
Currently, the Stockton #2 drill is at approximately 2000ft. and is drilling 24 hours a day. Due to proximity and same field geology, initial production numbers and estimated production rates are expected to be similar to the Mitchell #4 well, which received an initial production rate of 61 barrels of oil per day (BOPD) and an announced production rate of 45-50 BOPD.After completion of the Stockton #2 well, the drilling rig will immediately move over to the Stockton #3 site to begin drilling operations there. The target pay-zone for the Stockton #3 is also the Gardner Limestone and is expected to have a total depth of 4800ft. Drilling on the Stockton lease comes at an opportune time with the price of WTI Crude nearing all-time highs at over $100.00 a barrel. Initial production surges will guarantee larger profits for the Company due to this unexpected market development. The Stockton lease project was entirely self-funded and the Company sought no additional partners on the project. As a result, the Company maintains its full 75% net revenue interest (NRI) and a 100% working interest (W/I) on the well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV