NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It seems that every week includes companies of interest reporting quarterly results. Today I provide my buy-and-trade parameters for eight stocks in six sectors; one in the basic materials sector, one in the business services sector, one in the construction sector, two in the consumer discretionary sector and one in the consumer staples sector.
The basic materials sector is 1.1% undervalued, but has an underweight rating with 68.9% of the 402 stocks in this sector rated sell or strong sell.
The business services sector is 22.4% overvalued with an equal-weight rating.
The construction sector is 17.6% overvalued with an underweight rating with 60.9% of the 161 stocks in this sector rated sell or strong sell.The consumer discretionary sector is 23.5% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. The consumer staples sector is 16.7% overvalued with an overweight rating with 50.9% of the 265 stocks in this sector rated buy. The risk / reward for the stock market is not favorable in the fourth quarter, and today's monthly and quarterly closes will result in new monthly pivots / risky levels and new quarterly risky levels. This week's value levels lag at 14,696 Dow Industrial Average, 1641.5 S&P 500, 3695 Nasdaq, 6318 Dow transports and 1034.93 Russell 2000. The Nasdaq ended last week above my semiannual pivot at 3759 with the semiannual risky levels at 16,490 Dow Industrials, 1743.5 S&P 500, 7104 Dow transports and 1089.42 Russell 2000. The all time highs are 15,709.59 Dow Industrials set on Sept. 18, 1729.86 S&P 500 on Sept. 19, 6754.81 Dow transports on Sept. 20 and 1082.00 Russell 2000 on Wednesday. The Nasdaq set a multi-year high at 3798.76 on Sept. 20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV