Landore Resources Limited Review Of Exploration Potential - Junior Lake Nickel-Copper Property
(AIM Ticker: LND.L)
LONDON, Sept. 30, 2013 /CNW/ - Following the update of the Mineral Resource estimate for its B4-7 Nickel-Copper deposit on the Junior Lake property as announced on 17 January 2013, Landore Resources ("Landore or the Company") retained RPA Inc. of Toronto, Ontario, Canada ("RPA"), to review the regional geological context of the B4-7 to VW deposit area, the stratigraphic setting and style of mineralisation of the VW Nickel deposit.
RPA's conclusions include:
- Work completed on the B4-7 and VW deposits to date has clearly demonstrated the existence of a geological environment that is favourable for the deposition of magmatic nickel-copper sulphide mineralisation.
- Based on geophysical signatures and available geological knowledge, this favourable environment is believed to exist along a strike length of approximately 10 kilometres. At its widest the favourable rock sequences are in the order of 1,000 metres (m) to 1,500m in thickness.
- Current magnetic signatures clearly outline that the B4-7 and VW deposits are situated along separate stratigraphic horizons. Other available geological information concurs with this interpretation.
RPA's recommendations include:
- Continue with evaluation of the two sulphide horizons, employing a strategy that focuses on testing for the presence of additional nickel-sulphide mineralisation at shallow levels first. This evaluation can comprise a phase of rapidly screening a large volume of rock by geophysical methods, to be followed up by a focussed drill programme.
- A 3D DCIP+MT ground geophysics survey is planned to commence January 2014 for the area spanning the eastern B4-7 deposit to immediately east of the VW deposit (an area of 7.7 square kilometres) to outline extensions of resource mineralisation as well as identify new prospective sulphide mineralisation. Preparation works are in progress.
- A 4,000 metre drill programme to commence in September 2014 to test the prospective targets identified by the preceding geophysical survey.
- Continue with Pre-feasibility studies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV