AJC: Terrorists Murder Dozens Of Nigerian Students
NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AJC is horrified by the latest terrorist attack in Nigeria, this time targeting a college. According to reports, nearly 50 students were murdered in an overnight assault on their dormitory at the Yobe College of Agriculture.
Boko Haram, the Islamist terrorist group fighting to create a Sharia-based state in Nigeria, is suspected of having carried out the attack, chillingly similar to other fatal terror actions in the region.
"This brutal rampage, gunning down innocent youngsters in their sleep, demonstrates again the cowardice of the perpetrators, driven by a demented ideology that celebrates the killing of children of another faith or background," said AJC Executive Director David Harris."We can only hope, as we have expressed before, that the Nigerian government will ultimately succeed it in its efforts to defeat the terrorist scourge, benefit from the support of the international community, and bring to justice those responsible for these brutal murders," said Harris. Boko Haram means "Western education is sacrilege." It has been linked to dozens of deadly assaults in northeastern Nigeria against Christian worshipers and other targets, including schools. In July, Boko Haram attacked a secondary school in Mamudo, also in Yobe, leaving scores dead, almost all of them children. SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV