New Agreement In Place Between Canadian North Airline And Unifor, Local 2002
OTTAWA, Sept. 28, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Dr. K. Kellie Leitch, Minister of Labour and Minister of Status of Women, congratulated Canadian North and Unifor, Local 2002 (formerly known as the General Workers Union of Canada (CAW-Canada)), on reaching an agreement which has been ratified by the membership.
"I am pleased that Canadian North and Unifor, Local 2002, have worked together to achieve an agreement," said Minister Leitch. "Both parties remained focused on the negotiation process which was beneficial in avoiding any work stoppages and ensured uninterrupted services at Canadian North."
Canadian North airline provides scheduled flights and cargo services throughout Nunavut and the Northwest Territories. The previous collective agreement, covering 146 ticket agents and cargo handlers, expired on December 31, 2012.
The Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service provides dispute resolution and prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the Canada Labour Code.SOURCE Employment and Social Development Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV