Obama Urges Public to Spread Word About Health Law
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is asking Americans for help spreading the word about new health insurance exchanges.
The exchanges opening Tuesday were created by Obama's health care law. In his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama says Americans can comparison shop like they would for a television or an airplane ticket.
Many, he says, will see cheaper prices and be eligible for tax credits.
Obama says it's disturbing that Republicans want to shut down the government if he doesn't gut the law. He says the exchanges will open Tuesday no matter what.In the Republican address, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington says the president wants to take the easy way out by raising the debt ceiling without cutting spending. She says it is a "golden opportunity" to fix problems coming from Washington.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV