HOUSTON, TEXAS, Sept. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halcón Resources Corporation (NYSE: HK) ("Halcón" or the "Company") today announced that it has filed a shelf registration statement on Form S-3 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission covering shares of the Company's common stock held by Petro-Hunt Holdings, LLC, Pillar Holdings, LLC, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and CPP Investment Board PMI-2 Inc., in accordance with the requirements of contractual agreements previously entered into with these stockholders.
The stockholders named in the registration statement have informed Halcón that they have no current intention to sell the shares covered by the registration statement, which became effective upon filing. The Company will not receive any proceeds from potential sales of the common stock by the stockholders.
This press release is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.About Halcón Resources Halcón Resources Corporation is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, production, exploration and development of onshore oil and natural gas properties in the United States.
CONTACT: Scott M. Zuehlke VP, Investor Relations Halcon Resources (832) 538-0314
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV