The Board of Directors of Aetna Inc. (NYSE: AET) today announced the following actions.
- The Board declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.20 per share on the company’s common stock. The dividend was declared on September 27, 2013, and is payable on October 25, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on October 10, 2013.Declaration and payment of future quarterly dividends is at the discretion of the Board and may be adjusted as business needs or market conditions change.
- The Board authorized the company to repurchase up to an additional $750 million of its common stock from time to time. This authorization is in addition to the approximately $326 million of repurchase authority available under Aetna’s prior authorization as of September 20, 2013.The company intends to continue buying shares in the open market from time to time.
Aetna is one of the nation's leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving an estimated 44 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers' compensation administrative services and health information technology products and services. Aetna's customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts