This column first appeared on Real Money on Sept. 27 at 4.37 p.m. EST.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Memo to Herb Greenberg: Do not read this column because my motto is "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
Go buy some Celgene (CELG), Biogen (BIIB), Regeneron (REGN) and Gilead (GILD).Scoop up some Netflix (NFLX), Tesla (TSLA) and Amazon (AMZN). Get comfy with LinkedIn (LNKD). Explore the possibility of Priceline.com (PCLN), and, yes, join Facebook (FB).
Do it all with deep-in-the-money calls. You will get a chance in the next few days as the government shutdown comes.These are, as I have said here often, the anointed stocks. These are the ones the institutions own. I used to be like Herb. I saw it for what it was, what they are doing, just like Herb does. It's transparent. It mocks the process. But they don't make it hard, Herb. They make it easy. They leave footprints everywhere. They don't disguise their buying. And we know as the quarter comes to a close that these stocks will be loved and bid for during every decline. Others are being eyed for anointment. Chipotle's (CMG) stock has given off the aura. So has Starbucks (SBUX). You can sense that the heavyweight momentum players aren't ever going to get enough of Salesforce.com (CRM). Can you see the love, Herb, for Tractor Supply (TSCO) and Lumber Liquidators (LL)? Now we know that this game ends and Herb gets to be right a la Intuitive Surgical (ISRG). But I do not think he can be right for the rest of 2013. There's too much momentum here. So, I am sorry Herb. But the cult of anointment only grows stronger in the fourth quarter. Don't you just hate me? Ha, you did read it. Told ya not to. Written by Jim Cramer Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long FB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV