Known historically for its reign as the entertainment capital of the world, Los Angeles is quickly gaining ground as one of the most rapidly growing technology ecosystems in the country. In an effort to further unite and celebrate the diverse Los Angeles technology community – often referred to as “Silicon Beach” – the first annual LA Tech Summit will be held on Thursday, November 14, 2013 at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica, Calif. This one-day event will bring together some of the industry’s leading executives, entrepreneurs and professionals to share insights on what it takes to build a successful technology company in Los Angeles.
For more information about the event or to reserve a ticket, visit www.LATechSummit.com.
The speakers include leaders in e-commerce, enterprise software, big data, digital media and consumer technologies. In addition, leading incubators, accelerators and venture capitalists will participate and share their diverse perspectives on the current state of Los Angeles as a hub for technology innovation. Highlights of the LA Tech Summit agenda include:
- Featured Founders, CEOs and Executives. The speaker and panel lineup includes top startup founders and executives who are leading the Los Angeles technology community. Speakers include: Adam Miller, founder and CEO of Cornerstone OnDemand; Jason Nazar, co-founder and CEO of Docstoc; Adam Bernhard, founder and CEO of HauteLook; Michael Dubin, CEO and co-founder of Dollar Shave Club; Gil Elbaz, founder and CEO of Factual; Sean Kane, co-founder and COO of The Honest Company; Scott Painter, founder and CEO of TrueCar; Sean Rad, founder and CEO of Tinder; and Richard Rosenblatt, co-founder, chairman and CEO of Demand Media, among others.
- Leaders Within Top Accelerators, Incubators and Venture Capitalists. Learn insights from the top investors in the region and hear what it takes to build a disruptive business in Los Angeles. Speakers include: Mark Suster, general partner of Upfront Ventures; Dana Settle, founding partner with Greycroft LLC; Jim Andelman, general partner at Rincon Venture Partners; Byron Deeter, partner at Bessemer Venture Partners; Frank Quattrone, founder and CEO of Qatalyst Partners; Mike Jones, CEO of Science; Aileen Lee, partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers; and Sam Teller, managing director and co-founder of Launchpad LA.
- “Surviving the Shark Tank” Startup Competition. Bring your best startup idea before leading venture capitalists, and get their honest critique and expert advice. Featuring one track for business-to-business concepts and another for business-to-consumer ideas, the winner of the competition will receive $10,000, expert counsel from leading entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, and support to hit the ground running with their startup idea.
Comments on the News
- “Los Angeles has become a legitimate place to be for startups and entrepreneurs today,” said Adam Miller, founder and CEO of Cornerstone OnDemand. “The innovations coming out of LA are truly worth noting, and we’re proud to be playing a leading role in helping to bring further unity and awareness to the Los Angeles technology ecosystem.”
- “All the hype about Los Angeles tech and ‘Silicon Beach’ is not to be dismissed,” said Byron Deeter, partner at Bessemer Venture Partners. “Couple the rich mix of video and gaming, social and mobile, e-commerce and even enterprise tech companies with the growing opportunities available for investment and funding, and the Los Angeles tech ecosystem will only continue to grow. With support from events like the LA Tech Summit, the community will ensure it is here to stay for the long term.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV