Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Youku Tudou (YOKU) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Youku Tudou as such a stock due to the following factors:
- YOKU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $121.3 million.
- YOKU has traded 4.4 million shares today.
- YOKU is down 3.3% today.
- YOKU was up 5.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YOKU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YOKU NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on YOKU: Youku Tudou Inc. operates as an Internet television company in the People's Republic of China. Its Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view, and share video content across various devices. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Youku Tudou a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.The average volume for Youku Tudou has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Youku Tudou has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 45.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Youku Tudou as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- YOKU's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 104.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- YOKU's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.22, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for YOUKU TUDOU INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.18%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -14.19% is in-line with the industry average.
- YOUKU TUDOU INC's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YOUKU TUDOU INC reported poor results of -$0.52 versus -$0.25 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 397.1% in earnings (-$2.59 versus -$0.52).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 81.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$9.68 million to -$17.56 million.
- You can view the full Youku Tudou Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about YOKU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV