Trade-Ideas: Waters Corporation (WAT) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- WAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.6 million.
- WAT has traded 772,007 shares today.
- WAT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WAT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WAT: Waters Corporation operates as an analytical instrument manufacturer in the United States and internationally. WAT has a PE ratio of 19.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Waters Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Waters Corporation has been 418,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Waters has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 3.2% with 5.94 days to cover. Shares are up 22.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Waters Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WAT's share price has jumped by 25.20%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WAT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $109.02 million or 3.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WATERS CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.92%.
- The gross profit margin for WATERS CORP is rather high; currently it is at 62.03%. Regardless of WAT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WAT's net profit margin of 19.79% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- WAT's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.83 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 4.24 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- WAT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Waters Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.