Trade-Ideas: Annaly Capital Management (NLY) Is Today's Pre-Market Laggard Stock
- NLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $164.9 million.
- NLY traded 37,903 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:22 AM.
- NLY is down 3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NLY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NLY: Annaly Capital Management, Inc. owns, manages, and finances a portfolio of real estate related investments in United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 11.6%. NLY has a PE ratio of 3.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Annaly Capital Management a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Annaly Capital Management has been 12.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Annaly Capital Management has a market cap of $11.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.23 and a short float of 4.6% with 3.59 days to cover. Shares are down 14.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Annaly Capital Management as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 1897.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$91.16 million to $1,638.21 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT increased its bottom line by earning $1.69 versus $0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects earnings to be in line with last year ($1.69 versus $1.69).
- NLY's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 28.83%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$3,820.86 million or 192.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Annaly Capital Management Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts