FBL Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:FFG) today announced the results of its Class B tender offer, which expired on September 25, 2013. FBL will repurchase 1,023,948 shares of Class B common stock at a purchase price of $45.33 per share for a total cost of $46.4 million. In addition, 105,930 shares of Class B common stock will be converted to Class A common stock.
FBL Financial Group will fund this repurchase with cash at the holding company, following a $120 million dividend from Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company to FBL Financial Group, Inc.
Following this tender offer and conversion, FBL Financial Group will have 24,703,799 shares of Class A common stock and 11,413 shares of Class B common stock, for a total of 24,715,212 shares outstanding.
FBL Financial Group is a holding company whose purpose is to protect
livelihoods and futures. Its primary operating subsidiary, Farm Bureau
Life Insurance Company, underwrites and markets a broad range of life
insurance and annuities to individuals and businesses, which are
distributed by multiline exclusive Farm Bureau agents. In addition, FBL
Financial Group manages all aspects of two Farm Bureau affiliated
property-casualty insurance companies for a management fee. FBL
Financial Group, headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is traded on
the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol
FFG. For more information, please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV