BEIJING and DALLAS, Sept. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile™ (NYSE: NQ) a leading global provider of mobile Internet services, announced that its security center has captured and inoculated against three new malware strains that affected thousands of Chinese mobile users.
The three quarantined malware threats used SMS messages to deliver their malicious payloads, demonstrating the growing need for protection beyond controlling the app store environment.
- Fake Bank (privacy.SmsServices.a): The most potentially dangerous of the three, Fake Bank masquerades as a banking application, only to steal users' accounts and passwords, block or upload their text messages, send fraudulent messages, and block incoming calls.
- Group Scammer (privacy.Cckun.a): After users clicked a malicious link in an SMS message, the infected device could be remotely controlled to spread the infection through group messages. At the same time, a third-party application with the ability to send premium messages without the user's consent could be installed on the device, leading to additional bill charges.
- Fee Server (payment.ZooTiger.a): This threat delivered multiple malicious payloads, uploading users' private contact lists to the server, delivering unwanted advertising to users' inboxes and connecting to fee-based services via SMS and WAP resulting in unexpected bill charges.
The early detection of these threats confined infection to fewer than 20,000 devices.The newly discovered threats follow just days after discover of a.privacy.SmsManager.a (Privacy Leaker) and a.payment.Sexyapp.a (SMS Fraudster), which risked mobile users' privacy and caused fraudulent bill charges. NQ Mobile Security™ for Android is available for download at http://www.nq.com/mobilesecurity and on Google Play. About NQ Mobile NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services. NQ Mobile is a mobile security pioneer with proven competency to acquire, engage, and monetize customers globally. NQ Mobile's portfolio includes mobile security and mobile games as well as advertising for the consumer market and consulting, mobile platforms and mobility services for the enterprise market. As of June 30, 2013, NQ Mobile maintained a large, global user base of 372 million registered user accounts and 122 million monthly active user accounts through its consumer mobile security business, 87 million registered user accounts and 16 million monthly active user accounts through its mobile games and advertising business and over 1,250 enterprise customers. NQ Mobile maintains dual headquarters in Dallas, Texas, USA and Beijing, China. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit http://www.nq.com/. INVESTOR RELATIONS:NQ Mobile Inc. email@example.com +852 3975 2853+1 469 310 5280 SOURCE NQ Mobile Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV