NEW YORK, Sept. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities and shareholder rights law firm, announces that it is investigating the acquisition of Zoltek Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZOLT) on behalf of shareholders. Zoltek announced that it has entered into a merger agreement with Toray Industries, Inc. Under the terms of the agreement, Toray will acquire all of Zoltek's outstanding shares for $16.75 per share in cash, for a total equity value of approximately $584 million. In connection with the execution of the merger agreement, Zsolt Rumy, the Company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, entered into a voting agreement with Toray, in which Mr. Rumy agreed to vote his Company stock, representing approximately 18% of the Company's outstanding shares, in favor of the merger.
The investigation concerns whether Mr. Rumy and the other board of directors of Zoltek breached their fiduciary duties to shareholders by not engaging in a full and fair auction of the company so that shareholders could obtain the maximum value for their shares. Indeed, the stock of Zoltek has traded over $19 per share just recently.
If you are a shareholder of Zoltek and would like additional information regarding this matter and how it affects your rights as a shareholder at no cost or expense please contact us:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV