USA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:USAT) (“USAT”), a leader of wireless, cashless payment and M2M telemetry solutions for small-ticket, self-serve retailing industries, today reported results for the fourth quarter and full fiscal year ended June 30, 2013.
Fiscal 2013 financial highlights, compared to the prior year, included:
- 29% increase in license and transaction fee revenues to $30.0 million, representing 84% of total revenues for the 2013 fiscal year;
- 24% increase in total revenues to $35.9 million;
- Adjusted EBITDA of $5.8 million up from an Adjusted EBITDA loss of ($2.8) million;
- GAAP net income of $0.9 million from a GAAP net loss of ($5.2) million; and,
- Non-GAAP net income of $0.9 million, up from a non-GAAP net loss of ($3.8) million (fiscal 2013 excludes $0.3 million of Other income for change in fair value of warrants and $0.3 million in proxy expenses and fiscal 2012 excludes $1.8 million Other income for change in fair value of warrants and $3.2 million in proxy and separation expenses).
Total connections to USAT’s cashless payment and M2M telemetry service, ePort Connect®, grew by 30% during fiscal 2013, with 18,000 net connections achieved in the fourth quarter. In addition, USAT’s customer base expanded to 5,050 customers as of June 30, 2013, a 53% increase from the prior fiscal year, with 525 new customers in the fourth quarter.
After accrual for preferred dividends, net earnings per common share, diluted, for fiscal 2013 was $0.01 compared to a net loss per common share of ($0.18) for Fiscal 2012. On a non-GAAP basis, net income per common share, diluted, was $0.01 for fiscal 2013, improving from a net loss per common share of ($0.14) for fiscal 2012.Cash generated from operations was $6.0 million for fiscal 2013 compared to $0.08 million for fiscal 2012, an increase due primarily to substantial improvements in operating performance over the course of fiscal 2013 when compared to 2012. Cash and cash equivalents stood at approximately $6.0 million as of June 30, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV