September 27, 2013 – Dendreon Corporation (NASDAQ: DNDN) announced today the presentation of data from clinical studies featuring PROVENGE ® (sipuleucel-T), an autologous cellular immunotherapy for metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC), at the 2013 European Cancer Congress in Amsterdam, September 27-October 1, 2013. Preliminary Phase II data surrounding DN24-02, an investigational autologous cellular immunotherapy for patients with surgically resected HER2+ urothelial cancer, will also be presented.
Preliminary data from a Phase II combination study demonstrated that PROVENGE product potency and immunological prime-boost responses are maintained when administered concurrently or sequentially with abiraterone acetate (AA) plus prednisone. Additionally, preliminary data from an ongoing open-label study of PROVENGE treatment in men with mCRPC who were previously treated with PROVENGE in the androgen dependent prostate cancer (ADPC) setting suggest long-lived immunological memory to PROVENGE years following initial treatment.
“The data presented at this Congress surrounding PROVENGE and DN24-02 further our understanding of the potential benefits of these personalized immunotherapies,” said Mark Frohlich, M.D., executive vice president of research and development and chief medical officer at Dendreon. “The ability to sequence treatments such as PROVENGE with other therapies has the potential to transform the treatment of advanced prostate cancer, particularly in the current oncology landscape with the encouraging results from immunotherapy combination regimens.”
Studies evaluating PROVENGE and DN24-02 data at the 2013 European Cancer Congress include:PROVENGE:
- A Phase II Trial of Sipuleucel-T in Combination with Concurrent or Sequential Abiraterone Acetate (AA) in Patients with Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) [Abstract 2860]. Data from a Phase II study suggested that PROVENGE can be successfully manufactured during concurrent AA plus prednisone treatment without affecting PROVENGE product potency and immunological prime-boost responses. Poster Discussion Session: Genitourinary Malignancies – Prostate Cancer, Monday, September 30, 11:30 AM CEST, Hall 7.2 Lead Author: Eric Small, M.D., University of California, San Francisco, CA
- P10-1, an Open-Label, Multicenter Study of Sipuleucel-T in Men with Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) Previously Treated with Sipuleucel-T: Analysis of Immunological Data [Abstract 2909]. Preliminary data from an open-label study designed to evaluate the product potency and immune response to retreatment with PROVENGE suggested immunological memory to PROVENGE several years following initial treatment, and retreatment appeared to boost immunological measures. The patients were initially treated with PROVENGE when they had ADPC, and were retreated after they had progressed to mCPRC. The safety and effectiveness of PROVENGE has not been established for treatment of ADPC. General Poster Session: Genitourinary Malignancies – Prostate Cancer, Monday, September 30, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM CEST, Hall 4 Lead Author: Tomasz Beer, M.D., Oregon Health & Science University, Knight Cancer Institute, Portland, OR
- Preliminary Product Parameters from P11-1, a Phase II, Open-Label Trial of Sipuleucel-T in European Men with Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) [Abstract 2900]. Preliminary data demonstrated the manufacture of PROVENGE can be performed successfully by a European facility that serves multiple nations and resulted in a similar product parameter profile as PROVENGE manufactured in the U.S. General Poster Session: Genitourinary Malignancies – Prostate Cancer, Monday, September 30, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM CEST, Hall 4 Lead Author: Peter Mulders, M.D., Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Netherlands
- Metastatic Disease Detection is an Important Cause of Screen Failures in a Phase II Trial Evaluating the Optimal Sequence of Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Sipuleucel-T in Hormone-Naïve Patients with Biochemically-Recurrent Prostate Cancer (BRPC) [Abstract 2903]. Data analysis from the Phase II study indicated a high frequency of radiographic metastatic disease in the setting of hormone-naïve BRPC, which highlights the importance of screening for metastases in this early-stage patient population. General Poster Session: Genitourinary Malignancies – Prostate Cancer, Monday, September 30, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM CEST, Hall 4 Lead Author: Adam Kibel, M.D., Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
- NeuACT, a Phase II Randomised, Open-Label Trial of DN24-02 in Patients with Surgically Resected HER2+ Urothelial Cancer at High Risk for Recurrence: Updated Analysis of Product Parameters and Safety [Abstract 2907]. A preliminary analysis demonstrated positive immune responses to DN24-02, and suggested that antigen presenting cell activation is comparable to that of PROVENGE. General Poster Session: Genitourinary Malignancies – Prostate Cancer, Monday, September 30, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM CEST, Hall 4 Lead Author: Dean Bajorin, M.D., Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- HER2 Tissue Expression in NeuACT, a Phase II, Randomised, Open-Label Trial of DN24-02 in Patients with Surgically Resected HER2+ Urothelial Cancer (UC) at High Risk for Recurrence [Abstract 2928]. An interim analysis demonstrated a high prevalence of HER2 protein expression in high-risk UC, which is consistent with prior studies noting a higher incidence in UC lymph node tumors compared with primary tumors. General Poster Session: Genitourinary Malignancies – Prostate Cancer, Monday, September 30, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM CEST, Hall 4 Lead Author: Michael Press, M.D., University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts