S&P 500 - Regression Channel Analysis - September 26, 2013
Studying price channels using regression analysis since the March 2009 low reveals the S&P E-Mini Continuous Futures Contract (@ES) retesting its upper boundary last week. The first arc in the weekly chart below shows the index moving from one end of the channel to the other from March 2009 to May 2011. Projecting the same arc to the last retest of the lower boundary may provide some guidance as to when the next major pullback may occur.
You can read more of this blog here.
Written by Frederic Palmliden, CMT, Senior Quantitative Analyst, TradeStation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV