Trade-Ideas: Foot Locker (FL) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- FL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.8 million.
- FL is up 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FL: Foot Locker, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of athletic footwear and apparel. The company operates in two segments, Athletic Stores and Direct-to-Customers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. FL has a PE ratio of 12.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Foot Locker a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Foot Locker has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Foot Locker has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.00 and a short float of 3.5% with 2.76 days to cover. Shares are up 3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Foot Locker as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FOOT LOCKER INC has improved earnings per share by 12.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FOOT LOCKER INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.59 versus $1.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.79 versus $2.59).
- FL's revenue growth trails the industry average of 21.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.06 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FOOT LOCKER INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Foot Locker Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts